The concept of trade-ins is nothing new in the wireless industry, but Sprint has a bit of twist accepting old iPhones from any carrier. In an attempt to woo customers who might be disgruntled over discontinued or throttled data plans, they are offering this trade-in on any new iPhone 4S with unlimited data. You can take advantage of this offer by either visiting your local Sprint store or online.
How to save in-store
- Reserve your iPhone 4S online or find a store near you. (excludes upgrades)
- Bring your old iPhone with you to the store.
- Save $100 instantly.
How to save online
- Buy your iPhone 4S through our online store and open a new line of service. (excludes upgrades)
- After you receive your new iPhone, visit sprint.com/buyback and click Trade in my device to receive a shipping label via email. (Note: If your Buyback value is less than $100, we’ll make up the difference with an additional account credit. You’ll need to activate your new phone by 7/3/12 and trade-in by 8/14/12.)
- Receive a credit on your bill within 2 to 3 billing cycles. Your credit may be spilt into 2 payments. Please wait the full 3 month billing cycle to receive your full $100 credit.
If you are trading in an 8GB iPhone 3G, then this offer is inline with what you’d get if you were to sell it yourself. If you are not interested in dealing with the spector of selling on Craigslist or eBay, then this is a quick and easy way to get some cash back on a new iPhone 4S. With Radio Shack discounting iPhones by $50, that might still be the best option. Now if this were a promotion offering $100 off with a Droid, well then…
For more information, visit sprint.com/iphone.