Perfecting the Notification Center on your iPhone can take some work. Getting it dialed in to your preferences can include removing stocks, weather, customizing the view and turning off alerts on some of your apps. Once you have the Today view perfected, the next logical step is to look at the ordering of your notifications in the Notification Center. It’s not uncommon to have an extensive list of apps, all vying for your attention. This also makes it entirely too easy for important alerts to get suppressed. There are a few methods here to help gain control of how your iPhone and iPad displays notifications.
Sort and organize notifications in iOS 7
Apple’s iOS 7 lets you organize notifications by either time received or manually. Navigate to Settings > Notification Center. Under the title Notifications View, you can choose either ‘Sort Manually‘ or ‘Sort By Time‘. If you select sort by time, your notifications will appear in chronological order and grouped by application. If you select manual, follow these directions to sort and organize your notifications.
- Navigate to Settings > Notification Center
- At the top right, tap on the ‘Edit’ link
- Scroll down to the ‘Include’ section
- At the right of each app are three lines.
- Tap and hold by the lines to grab the app notification preferences. You can drag and drop it higher or lower. For example, if you have the everythingiCafe app listed first, it would always appear at the top of your notifications.
iOS 7 puts you in control of managing your notifications. You can customize your alerts and sort based on either time or a manual order based on your preferences. There is no right way to organizing your notifications. Pick a system that works best for you.