MacPaw has announced the release of Clean My Mac 2. This is a free update for owners of the first version, despite it being an entirely rewritten and redesigned product. The new version features 8 cleaning modules, so you can pick and choose what needs cleaning.
- Automatic Cleanup — an intelligent algorithm that suggests to remove files which are 100% safe for deletion.
- System Cleanup — remove caches, logs, and archives, and free up system resources for a better performing Mac.
- Large & Old Files — review and remove large files and folders that haven’t been opened for a while.
- iPhoto Cleanup — reduce the size of iPhoto Library significantly by eliminating unneeded original copies of previously edited images.
- Trash Cleanup — empty Trash folders of Mac’s internal and external volumes, including iPhoto Trash.
- Uninstaller — completely uninstall the apps that are no longer needed or fix the ones that work incorrectly.
- Extensions Manager — review and manage all app extensions from one dashboard.
- Eraser — erase files from your system and leave no trace behind.
If there is any drawback, Clean My Mac 2 offers compatibility with Lion and Mountain Lion systems only. For those users, Clean My Mac Classic remains your best option.
To celebrate the launch, you can pick up Clean My Mac 2 at 50% off the regular price of $39.95. You can pick up Clean My Mac 2 from the MacPaw Store until Friday at the discounted price.
I use Clean My Mac Classic on a bi-weekly basis and it’s software that I depend on to keep my Macs clean.