The Evad3rs team has released Evasi0n7, an untethered jailbreak for iOS 7. The entire process takes roughly five minutes or so, provided you’ve taken the appropriate steps to back-up your iPhone or iPad. Here’s how to jailbreak your iOS 7 iPhone or iPad using evasi0n.
The first step and we cannot stress this enough, is to back up your iOS device. If you are using iCloud, you can initiate a backup. Since we’re going to need to connect your device to your Mac or PC, you might want to consider syncing to iTunes, just to be on the safe side. Also it’s important to note that Apple in no way condones and warns against jailbreaking. Modification of iOS software can result in losing your warranty. Use at your own risk. The following directions are written for a Mac. The process is very similar to a PC.
This jailbreak is compatible with iOS 7.0.x through iOS 7.0.4. Please note that if you have updated OTA to these releases, it is recommended that you connect to iTunes and do a full restore before jailbreaking.
Connect your iPhone or iPad to your Mac/PC using the supplied USB to Lightning cable. Download the evasi0n software and double-click on the DMG file. Double click on evasi0n7.
You’ll receive a notification as to whether you are sure you want to open it. Select ‘Open’.
The evasi0n welcome notice will come up with an option to ‘Jailbreak’. IMPORTANT: Before you do this, please make backups and read the developer FAQ we’ve listed below.
The jailbreak process will now begin and little is required on your part, at least during the initial stages, which takes no more than a few minutes or so.
Your iPhone or iPad will reboot. At that point, you’ll be instructed to unlock your device and tap on the evasi0n 7 icon. Your iOS device will again reboot. This is normal.
During the reboot process, you’ll see evadi0n icons during the boot process. At the conclusion of the boot process, you’ll see a final message the your untethered jailbreak for iOS 7 is done. Click exit.
Your iPhone or iPad should now have an iOS 7 untethered jailbreak. If you have questions, problems or need help, please visit our jailbreak forums.
Evad3rs offers these important FAQs
- Backup your device using iTunes (or iCloud) before using evasi0n. If something breaks, you’ll always be able to recover your data.
- Please disable the lock passcode of your iOS device before using evasi0n. It can cause issues.
- Avoid all iOS and iTunes related tasks until evasi0n is complete. Why not just enjoy a brief break from the computer to stretch your legs?
- If the process gets stuck somewhere, it’s safe to restart the program, reboot the device (if necessary by holding down Power and Home until it shuts down), and rerun the process.
- If you get an error on OS X 10.8 saying that evasi0n can’t be opened, control-click (or right-click) the app and on the revealed context menu, choose ‘Open.’ On the ensuing dialogue box, choose ‘Open’ as well.