iTunes 10.5 is now live through Software Update, though it doesn’t seem to have been seeded through the official website or iTunes’ “Check For Updates…”. Unleashed in anticipation for the upcoming iOS 5 release, this is the version that brings all those wonderful little features that we’ve been waiting for — namely iTunes in the cloud, automatic syncing of downloaded content and WiFi syncing.
Of course, much of these are useless without iOS 5, but we don’t have long to wait for that, do we?
Full changelog after the jump.
What’s new in iTunes 10.5
- iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
- Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
- Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
- Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
- Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they’re both on the same Wi-Fi network.
For information on the security content of this update, please visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222.