iPad, it’s the greatest thing ever! iPad, it’s a horrible let down! iPad, its name sounds vaguely like a feminine hygiene product! Seriously folks, iTampon jokes are like Wii jokes, stale within 30 seconds of someone first thinking of them.
Anyway, on with the news!
- McGraw-Hill is furiously denying that they were cut from the launch, saying that they were never part of it, and that they didn’t confirm the tablet, they were just speculating. Backpedalling at high speed, I see!
- Fujitsu might be getting ready for a legal battle over the name “iPad”
- The iPad is still pending FCC approval
- International pricing and availability aren’t known yet. Sorry, international readers, you get shafted. Again.
- Apple is apparently holding an internal “town hall” meeting to talk over the iPad.
- Wall Street is pegging 1-5 million units sold this year.
- Apple’s specially made A4 chip is both CPU and GPU. We still don’t know about RAM, though.
- Rumor: the iPod touch might get video camera and LED backlight
- Apple is apparently investigating advanced displays, and motion sensing headset