Just less than a year old, Instagram has rapidly become the most popular photography filter app on iOS, and a new update to version 2.0 has overhauled the app significantly. TechCrunch has a bit of an interview looking at the new features, but the big ones are obvious: filters can now be applied live while taking photos (including tiltshift); images are saved locally at a much higher size; and you can add borders to your shots.
Here’s the changelog:
Completely revamped Camera experience (iOS 4.2.1+):
- Instant live filters & live tilt-shift
- 4 new filters
- Turn borders on & off
- Rotate photo after taking
- Filtered photos save in high-resolution to photo library
- Better support for viewing feeds with many comments
- Faster load times for feeds
- New icon
I’m kind of sad they killed off the classic sneaker pair from the filter icons.