You may find a situation where you would like to would like to share a photo of your screen. Maybe you want to show off your apps, a high score or your home screen. This couldn’t be easier, so let’s get started with our short guide and video on how to take a screenshot on iPhone. We’ve also got you covered if you want to take a screenshot with Apple Watch.
How to take a screenshot with Apple Watch
Taking screenshots with Apple Watch is a great way for developers, bloggers or anyone to have a photo that properly shares what’s happening in a specific app or screen. Maybe you’re a new Apple Watch owner and you want to share screens with a friend who doesn’t yet have an Apple Watch. The process is easy and similar to the iPhone. Unless you’ve got super-strong hands, it’s probably best done using two hands.
1. Navigate to the screen of the Apple Watch app or anywhere in Watch OS that you’d like to capture.
2. Press both the side button and the Digital Crown at the same time.
While you could possibly do this with one hand, you’re probably best served using both, which will provide you with a better grip.
How to take a screenshot on iPhone
- Set-up your iPhone so that the screen that you would like to take a screenshot is displayed
- Press and hold the ‘home’ button and the ‘power’ button at the same time
- You should hear a camera shutter sound, which confirms the screenshot has been taken with your iPhone
- Open the ‘Photos’ app on your iPhone and the screenshot will appear in the ‘Camera Roll’. If you have your iPhone set up to use Photo Stream, then it will automatically appear on your Apple TV, Mac or any other device that is set up to use Photo Stream
That’s it! As you can see, it’s easy to take screenshots on your iPhone. It’s a great way to share your homescreen.
How To Take A Screenshot On Your iPhone or Apple Watch is part of our new continuing series of iPhone How-To guides, tips and basics.
Published on Nov 28, 2011. Updated on April 24th, 2015.