How to jailbreak your iPhone using evasi0n on iOS 6
With the release of evasi0n, the process to jailbreak your iPhone on iOS 6.x is easy. To help get you through the process, we’ve put together a quick guide. If you should have any questions or need help, our Jailbreak forums are the absolute best place to get help. Membership to our forums is free and you’ll also enjoy a completely ad-free experience. Now, let’s get started. Here’s how to jailbreak your iPhone using evasi0n.
Updated with video walkthrough:
Preparing your iPhone
You’ll want to make sure that you’ve properly backed up your iPhone and performed the lastest updates to iOS 6.1. The process of updating to iOS 6.1 and restoring your backup will enable you to start the process with Apple’s latest and greatest version of iOS, which is now at iOS 6.1.
The evasi0n jailbreak works with all versions of iOS 6. It is compatible with all devices that support iOS 6, which includes the:
- iPhone 4, 4S, 5
- iPod touch 5th generation
- iPad mini, iPad 3, 4
- Download the appropriate version of evasi0n for your computer. There are versions for Mac, Windows and Linux.
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and double click on the application. On a Mac, it will be a .dmg file
- You’ll be greeted by a message that your iPhone is supported and explain this is an untethered jailbreak for iOS 6.0 through iOS 6.1.
- Click on Jailbreak.
- The process will take you through 3 stages. You’ll see Stage 2 which is injecting jailbreak data and stage 3
- Your device will reboot and you’ll be prompted to unlock your iOS device and click on the Jailbreak icon.
- The final step of injecting jailbreak data will start to happen.
- Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will now reboot.
Your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will reboot several times during the process. This is completely normal. Upon completion, you’ll notice a Cydia icon on your homescreen, which is an indication that you have successfully completed a jailbreak of your iPhone.
For those new to jailbreaking, Cydia is the jailbreak community’s version of Apple’s App Store. You’ll find things here that would not get approved by Apple and it’s a primary reason why so many people jailbreak their iPhones. Using Cydia, you can download themes for your iPhone and an assortment of apps that wouldn’t make it through Apple’s App Store review process.