Many people have asked if there is a way to delete Photo Stream photos. Often, they mean delete individual photos. At this time you cannot delete individual Photo Stream photos but you can delete all of them at once. Follow this short guide on how you can delete your Photo Stream photos.
- Log into www.icloud.com from a desktop browser. Mobile Safari on iOS devices will not work.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the browser window click on your name. This will open a pop-up box.
- In the popup box click “Advanced.”
- Click on “Reset Photo Stream.”
- This will remove all photos from Photo Stream so be sure if you want any saved to download them first.
This will not remove the Photo Stream libraries already on your iOS device(s). If you want to remove them too you will have to go into Settings, iCloud and turn of Photo Stream. This will remove all Photo Stream photos from the device. You can then turn Photo Stream back on.
If you want to remove only a “select few” Photo Stream photos you cannot do it directly. But you can save the ones you want, delete all Photo Stream photos as outlined above, then add only the ones you choose back to Photo Stream.
This tip comes from Michael from our forums. Have a tip that you’d like to submit. Visit our guest blogger submission and share your knowledge with our community.