Released today, the Disney Movies Anywhere for iOS is a new app that syncs movies between your Disney account and iTunes. Using the app for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, you can either stream eligible movies or download them for watching offline. Disney Movies Anywhere is free and for a limited time, they are offering a free digital copy of ‘The Incredibles‘, just for signing up.
The app allows you to browse and watch movies from your collection of Disney, Pixar and Marvel movies. When you purchase a disc that offers digital downloads, the unique digital copy code can be used in the rewards section, making it immediately available in your collection. You can also purchase digital copies directly from within the app and earn points toward future purchases.
How to connect your Disney Movies Anywhere with iTunes
When you connect your Disney Movies Anywhere account with iTunes, it will sync movies between the two services and you’ll get a free movie to boot. Here’s how to do it:
- First, you’ll need to sign up for an account with Disney Movies Anywhere
- Download and install the free app on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Login using your DMA credentials
- You’ll be prompted to connect your iTunes account to sync eligible movies. Select ‘Connect Account’
- You should see a pop-up with a notice that you are leaving Disney. Select ‘Connect’.
- A message should appear that you are ‘about to add your movies from Disney Movies Anywhere to iTunes.’ Tap ‘Connect Accounts’.
- Select ‘Agree’ to share your account details between the two services.
- Enter your iTunes Store password
- That’s it, with your accounts connected, movies from Disney, Pixar and Marvel will sync between the accounts.
If you have a number of purchased Blu-Ray or DVDs of movies from these companies, this should makes things easier not only to manage your collection, but to watch it on an assortment of devices. The process of syncing with iTunes is made easy and the free copy of The Incredibles is a nice bonus.