This is it, folks! The day we have been so relentlessly ramping up for, for what seems like months! The tablet will finally be revealed, and all our questions will be answered. The hype for this device has been absolutely unparalleled, and I think we’ll all be glad when it’s unveiled, and we can transition from wondering what it will be, to if we can afford it.
As we get all wound up for today’s live blog, lets check in with some of today’s rumors
- Crossroads for the iPhone have admitted that they’re working on a tablet version of their crossword app, sight unseen.
- The real revolution will be the content, not the device says Wired. Books, magazines and textbooks, plus music of course, tied to streaming content via HTML5.
- Though this revolution might be out of Apple’s hands.
- Apparently Apple is in last minute talks with publishers to get books to sell at $13-$15, a bit more than Amazons $10 model.
- Unsurprisingly, game publishers are very excited for the tablet. I still think it’ll be great for Settlers of Catan…
- Grain of salt rumor: Apple might change the name from iPhone OS to iOS. Possible, but unlikely.
- Jack Bauer might be getting his hands on a tablet, in an upcoming episode of 24.
- Computer pioneer Alan Kay believes that the tablet could “rule the world”.
- A placeholder text in an iPhone dev agreement says “Need to update this for the 27th launch.” So we will be hearing about a new OS today.
- Want to know what it’s like working for Cupertino under a veil of secrecy? Here’s ex-Apple Senior Systems Engineer Edward Eigerman talking about the situation to Bloomberg.
Exciting stuff, huh? All that’s just to whet your appetite for today’s main course. See you back here at 1pm Eastern/10am Pacific