Sure, it’s way too freaking hot to run in most of the USA, but the heatwave can’t last forever, right? Right? Anyhow, Nike+ Running has just hit version 4.0, and in addition to some swanky new features, it’s free for a limited time. Unless you’re a diehard Runkeeper fan — or whatever — this is an excellent chance to get a fully featured run training app for free.
Here’s what Nike’s added in the newest version of Nike+ Running:
- Get into a run even faster. You can now tap the run button from anywhere in the app. And off you go.
- See how your last run stacks up against your previous seven, and get fresh insights based on your latest activity every time you come back to the app.
- Swipe downwards on the new Home Screen to view your next moves. From picking your PowerSongs to challenging one of your personal bests, there’s always something to make your running experience better than before.
- Visualize your runs side-by-side and see your progress with a new landscape history view.
- Our new Run Summary makes it easier to view your route, tag how you felt, and note your terrain. And don’t worry about the weather; we’ll automatically tag it for you.
- Rotate your phone while viewing the Run Summary to see the breakdown of your run into mile splits.
- Introducing shoe tagging: Type in the name of your running shoes to track the distance they’re logging and see when it’s time to lace up a new pair. You’re never done running, but your shoes might be.