Amazon has announced that they’ve overhauled the Amazon MP3 store, making the HTML5 webpage work much more nicely with the iPhone. Now, if you visit amazon.com/mp3 you’ll get a browsing experience optimized for use from your mobile device — including the fact that you can buy all those seemingly endless albums on sale that Amazon seems to have.
Here are some of the features that Amazon is touting:
- The Amazon MP3 mobile website for iPhone and iPod touches is built on HTML5, which means customers can make purchases directly from the Amazon MP3 mobile website atwww.amazon.com/mp3 on their iPhones and iPod touches
- Selection of over 22 million songs and over two million albums at everyday low prices
- Access to everyday deals like $5 albums, $0.69 songs, and free songs from artists on the rise
- Individualized recommendations based on purchase history
- Immediate availability and seamless playback of purchases in the Amazon Cloud Player app
- Free storage of all Amazon MP3 purchases in Amazon Cloud Player
But most importantly, it’s an easy way to buy Amazon MP3s direct from your iPhone — which are often cheaper than the version in iTunes.
[via The Verge]